The DAB Hong Kong Island Legislative Councillor Horace Cheung alongside the DAB branch offices on Hong Kong Island set up a one-stop comprehensive “Hong Kong Island Anti-epidemic Platform” that seeks to integrate resources and efforts to fight the virus. This platform provides six major services in the first phase:
(1) Donation: hand out masks, household bleach, hand sanitizers and other anti-epidemic products to residents in need who have registered.
(2) Group buying: organize group buying of anti-epidemic products and daily necessities so that local residents are still able to purchase these goods at reasonable prices during this difficult time.
(3) Free meal delivery: we have liaised some restaurants to provide free meal delivery service for those elderly and disadvantaged who do not dare to go out to buy food during this difficult time.
(4) Fresh food delivery service: provide fresh food free delivery service to registered members who want to save masks and make their own meals at home.
(5) Latest epidemic news: update epidemic news via various media channels and arrange doctors to provide practical and professional medical advice to fight the virus.
(6) Other services: studying the feasibility of “online doctor services” for senior care centres to allow seniors to access medical services via video calls instead of visiting hospitals or clinics during the virus outbreak.
Media Inquiries: DAB Legislative Councilor Horace Cheung 9681 8757