31 January, 2020
Under the threat posed by the spread of the COVID-19, Hong Kong is facing supply problems with the provision of masks and other protective products. The DAB expressed deep concern over the situation and strongly urge the government to take the following measures to tackle the lack and low quality of medical supplies:
- Announce the progress of worldwide sourcing of masks and other protective products, the number of such supplies reaching Hong Kong and their distribution in the market on a daily basis.
- Hand out masks which are not urgently needed to the general public for free.
- Give full support to suppliers to find new sources of masks and protective items and expedite the procurement process.
- Include masks and other protective products into the “Reserved Commodities Ordinance” and formulate administrative measures to get hold of the supply quantities, distribute effectively and control prices.
- Stop unscrupulous merchants from speculating, stockpiling and selling the substandard masks and other protective products.
- Ensure adequate supply of masks for the needy, hospitals, schools and frontline personnel.
- Stabilize the supply of masks and other protective products.
Holden Chow 3703 9870
Vincent Cheng 6373 1979